Born July 20 1975, in Washington D.C. USA.
- WIS 1990 – 1994; Music IB studies at the Levine School of music. Courses in piano, organ, harpsichord, music theory, and composition. Honors: won the Washington DC young composers competition, 1993.
- Bard College 1995 -2000; BA (Music);- Courses in piano with German Diez and harpsichord with Dr. Fred Hammond. Ensemble with Luis Garcia Renart. Courses in music theory, orchestration, composition, music history, choir, accompaniment. Senior recital 1 & 2, 45 mins each. Honors: Performed Bach dm piano concerto mvt 1 under the baton of Leon Botstein.
- UNSW 2002-2004; MMus -“The Experimental Aesthetics of Musical Taste; the LeBlanc model, arousal, complexity, and prototypicality”.
- UNSW 2006-2010; Ph.D -“Contrast”.
- Pinao studies with Alexey Yemtsov, Sydney, Australia. Intermittent 2010-present. AmusA (2010), LmusA (2016)
COMPOSITION PORTFOLIO: click the link below